Its funny how things work out, and I'm about to tell you how. My name is Joe Riddle, the former president of the well-known mob-backed trucking company International Joint Forces of Truckers Union, who supposedly disappeared in July 1975 in Detroit. I was declared dead in the early '80's. Everyone's been out looking for me, detectives from Detroit, FBI, you name it. They aren't going to find me though. Mostly because they're looking in the wrong places and in the wrong ways. I'll tell you something I haven't been able to tell anybody until now; I'm a vampire. Yeah, no shit.
Oh, I'm still around in Detroit. Just not in a way that the normal eye can see. I've been keeping tabs on my business and family from a distance, making sure they're okay. Oh I've never approached 'em. But they turned out alright. My son runs the business now. But its my business I wanted to tell you about. Mostly how I got back at those guineas that tried to kill me. You see, I'm not Italian. I'm from a small town outside Gary, Indiana called Ainsworth. I grew up dirt poor and had to quit school at fourteen to work to keep food on the table. But lots of people did in those days. It was the Great Depression. And it hit my family hard. My dad was a coal miner that died of black lung. So I was the oldest boy in my family and I had to help out. I sold produce from local farmers out of the backs of their trucks in the summers and I worked as a farm hand, whatever I could find.
We came to Detroit in the summer of 1930. I met Joe Terrasina while I was working as a driver for Kreger's Grocery. He would come and talk with me during my breaks and in between drives. His dad was mob boss Tony Terrasina, though I didn't know that at first. We were just playing craps together most of the time to start out with.
No comments:
Post a Comment