This is one of the best films made from a TV show that I can remember. The producers from another one of my favorite television show recently, Leverage,say that the team from their show takes their inspiration from 'The A-Team'. Basically, they are a group of rogue, misfit criminals that come together to do some good.
Mostly, this seems to be what happened BEFORE the events of the television show. How they met, and how they became criminals at large.I actually researched 'a-team' on the internet to find out if there is such a thing. And there is. The Special Forces Operational Detachment Alpha (SFOD A) is the primary fighting force of the Green Berets. And the Green Berets are the elite force of the U.S. Army! However, 'A-Team's usually have 12 members, whereas, a Delta Force(SFOD D) team, very similar to an 'A-Team' usually has 6 members, so the actual ' A-Team' from the TV show and the movie, would be closer to a Delta Force team.
Regardless, this is an excellent film. Real entertainment. And I wondered why there was never a sequel. Liam Neeson, Bradley Cooper and film director Joe Carnahan have replied multiple times that the film just didn't collect enough revenue at the box office to consider a second film being made.
My only reply for that is, if there are enough people asking the question, shouldn't a sequel be made? I know I want one . . . .

No comments:
Post a Comment