Thursday, April 10, 2025

Guilty by Relation pt. 11

     "Welcome back" said the therapist. "Its been a while." 

    "Yes, well I have had a lot going on. I was considering divorcing my husband and am still considering it." 

    "I am sorry to hear it. I know it's difficult whether you're the one instigating it or not. I've been thru a divorce myself. Why have you not gone thru with it?"

    "He was unemployed for a while, which was leading to a lot of other problems as well, financial, mental and emotional. I was encouraged to seek family counseling with my daughter and husband and we have. Its still ongoing. I was amazed that he actually went. He also agreed to marriage counseling. We've had one appointment with that. I am keeping the filing of the divorce papers on hold for this reason. I've also thought for a very long time that my husband needs individual counseling to deal with the residual feelings of his problematic childhood when he was 5 or 6 and there maybe some other natural mental issues unrelated to his childhood going on. He said he would try and I gave him the phone number but I haven't heard anything about that since. I told him this individual counseling for him is a deal breaker for me. So I  am still skeptical."

    "Wow, you have had a lot going on. As long as you're still keeping up with your writing. It'll help to get everything out."

    "I know. And it does help. But so does meeting and talking with you. Let's keep doing this."

\    "Absolutely." said the therapist.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

VH1 Behind The Music: The Black Crowes

       This episode of Behind The Music happened in the 2nd season and was filmed in 1999. As has plagued their early relationship in the ba...