Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Guilty by Relation pt. 4

6th Session
     " When did you notice or how did you find out that your sisters didn't want you for family?" 
     " Well, it was 2016 when my 12 year old daughter came home from school with a huge lock of hair missing.  She had used school scissors to cut it off.  It had happened before but this was a much larger bit of her hair missing than before.  So we were very frustrated as to what to do with her.  It was so visible, no way to hide it at all.  We saw no other choice to make than to cut all her hair the same length.  She had cut it so short and close to her scalp that the rest of it had to match.  So unfortunately it was a buzz cut, like a military style cut.  As a means to explain it to my family because Easter was only a few weeks away, I took a picture and sent it to my parents and my sisters.  My younger sister was in hysterics.  'Why did you do this?' She looks absolutely awful!' We tried to help them understand what she had done, and what we had done in response.  But all my explanations were fruitless because the next day, I got a Social Services visit.  Inside, I was completely incredulous and flabbergasted that my sister had gone to such lengths.  I knew it was her, my sister. I kept my cool for the visit.  The social worker didn't deserve my frustrations.  But when she left, I called my sister up again and we went at it for two hours.  Nasty and loud. I was so upset because I thought she was trying to take my daughter away.  At the height of this conversation, she told me, 'None of us(speaking for Mom, Dad, and my older sister) wanted you in our family.' I went dead silent. I was shocked and stripped bare to my emotional core.  I don't remember what I said after that.  I was too much in shock. We must've ended our conversation soon after that.  We really haven't spoken of that since.  Its no 2020 and I'm 48 and my daughter's 15 years old.  We don't have holidays together anymore, we don't get invited Up North to my parents vacation house with other family anymore. We have to have separate get-togethers with my parents, because my sisters absolutely refuse.  
     " My gosh. I'm so sorry.  No wonder you are in such a state.  Our time is about up for today.  Have you been continuing with your writing?"
    " Yes, its right here.  I feel a lot better after I write. "
     " Good.  Could you please leave it with me? I want to look it over.  I'll give it back next time."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

VH1 Behind The Music: The Black Crowes

       This episode of Behind The Music happened in the 2nd season and was filmed in 1999. As has plagued their early relationship in the ba...