9th Session
"So have you thought of anything else to talk about?" The therapist asked.
Well, most of what I was thinking about a while ago was how much this whole thing damaged my husband and mine relationship with each other. I mean, my parents were there when we got married. Both of them. So were my sisters, my younger sister was my Matron of Honor and signed our marriage certificate. Which started me thinking, that a marriage certificate is like a contract between two people. It is, in fact a contract between two people. And what my father did was like 'interfering in a business contract', which I knew I could get some legal compensation for it. So I looked it up. Its called 'tortious interference' and its used in business all the time. I could legally sue my father, the man that raised me since I was 7 years old, for damages, but I would be more likely to win if we got divorced and I don't see that happening.
But I had other things that bothered me too, that let me know just how much my father cared to let me know just how he felt. You see, when it came to the renovation of my condo, we had to abide by the condo association as well. And they considered the windows their responsibility because it was part of the maintenance of the outside of the dwelling, keeping up appearances and so on. We had some screens that were in terrible shape. An upstairs screen that has a HUGE hole in it and is very visible from the front of our house. And one day in the spring, while my daughter was doing homework on her computer because COVID closed the schools, I was sitting in my chair and I looked out the window and I SAW SOMEONE CLIMBING UP A LADDER NEAR THE WINDOW WITH A BROKEN SCREEN! I completely froze. The man turned and locked eyes with me for a minute. Then I got up to go for the phone. And he climbed down and quickly folded up his ladder and left. I went and put in a repair order with the association. A few weeks later, they now tell us that it's the homeowners responsibility. Which confuses me, because they told us that it was theirs when we inquired about getting it fixed during the renovation. We were also told that my father told them that there no longer is any valid lease/rental agreement between us, meaning the home occupiers(my husband, my daughter, and myself) and him. So it looks like we're squatters now. So I guess he doesn't care about his granddaughter as much as he used to. WE WERE BOTH INSIDE THE HOUSE! ANYTHING COULD HAVE HAPPENED TO US! AND HE DOESN'T CARE!
" Okay, I think that's enough for today. We'll talk again soon."
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete