"So, how are you doing?" the therapist asked.
"For the most part, I'm pretty good. But just around Father's Day, my husband got a text message from my dad that said, 'Life's too short.' I guess my husband asked what he meant by that and my dad said that he wants to make amends. My husband replied that I wanted an an in-person apology for my father lying to me, which is true. My dad's reply was short and to the point, 'Sorry, you deal with it.' So it seems like a lost cause to me.
"I'm so sorry this is happening to you."
" I feel if I apologize, and I'm not sure for what because I don't think I did anything wrong, it will just give him license to do it again. It has to stop. If were ever gonna learn how to communicate, I can't be the one to start it, because I didn't do anything wrong. I can't keep talking to someone like that, who has lied to me like that, in such a manner and to go on like nothing has happened. I can't live with people who keep those kind of secrets from me.
"I know how you feel. I really do. So I'll see you soon." said the therapist.
No comments:
Post a Comment